This one is courtesy of the “First Mess” one of the most incredible blogs I’ve ever encountered (you should check it out!)
- 4 teaspoons loose leaf earl grey tea (or 2 full teabags)
- 12 ounces boiling water
- sweetener, to taste (maple, honey, stevia, coconut sugar)
- 12 ounces Vitariz rice almond milk
- 1 ½ teaspoons coconut oil
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla powder (optional)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 drop essential oil (could be Bergamot or something else you like and is safe to drink)
Select 2 large cups. Divide the tea in half and place in tea strainers/DIY tea bags. Set the tea strainers/bags in the cups and pour 6 ounces of the boiling water into each one. Let the tea steep for about 4 minutes. Discard the bags and sweeten the tea if you’d like.
Gently bring the milk to a simmer in a small saucepan over medium heat. While it’s coming up to a simmer, add the following to an upright blender: the coconut oil, vanilla powder, vanilla extract, and essential oil (Make sure you only put 1 drop as it’s not advisable to ingest more than that).
Pour the warm milk into the blender. Put the lid on and slowly bring the speed of the blender up to high for about 15 seconds. Divide the frothy, fragrant milk among the two cups and enjoy immediately.